Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday...

TGIF!
It as been the longest week! We had a snow storm earlier this week and the kids were just sure that school was going to to be out. Much to their dismay school was not cancelled (we were the only district in that area that was not called.) It was so cold and yucky out and I didn't want Alex to walk to the bus stop and stand out in the cold and wind so I took him to school. It took me 45 minutes to drive him the mile to school, the roads were a mess. By the time I got back Sara and Eric had left and were at their bus stop (luckily I got there right as Eric was getting ready to make a snow angel) I picked them up and drove them to school, I tried to go up the hill by their school and got stuck behind another car that got stuck on the hill so we had to back down the hill and go around the back way I finally made it and about 1/2 block from the school a stinking school bus ran me into a ditch!!!!! Luckily I was able to get out. I was mad, that guy was just lucky that I was in my PJ's! By this time I was really mad that they had school. I finally made it back home and got dressed, went to work and was there for about 20 minutes and the school called to let me know that they were releasing at 10:45 because of the weather!!!!! JERKS!

Last night we were supposed to have an ice storm so the kids were once again on weather watch but it ended up warming up to 50 degrees and raining so they did have school today, it was only a half day though. Now they are out of school until 2009.

Things have also been crazy at work, which is really good but hectic. I have had to make caramel apples twice and fudge everyday. Today we had an order for 100 trays with 60 cookies each!!! That is 6000 cookies!!! There were 4 of us there and we baked and made platters all day long... We got over half of them done so hopefully they will be able to finish them for the Monday deadline. We had a crazy day in COOKIE HELL!

The rest of the weekend will be full of shopping and wrapping. I hope Paul and the kids don't expect allot of Christmas cookies.

Have a Great Weekend!

No comments: